Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Home 4 Less Community Art Project

This post is from the Detroit Permaculture page on facebook hosted by tuka; the page is called "Perma Detroit's "


This idea was conceived to work with artists who are homeless and or living in a treatment or youth facility. I was recruiting at the soup kitchen then saturday classes started for me and I have not been able to work on it like I would have liked. Then Project Sunflower popped into my life and further distracted me. It's an important project so that's okay, but that leaves me with few artists for this project. If you know an artist living on the edge or are an artist living on the edge please share this info or send artists my way. Non-profits were suppose to help me get art supplies but I have not seen any show up yet so we will be using a lot of recycled stuff.

Home 4 Less
Community Art Project
For Artists Living on the Edge

A series of workshops to produce an installation exploring the themes of Shelter, Home, Community Space, Green Economy, and Self to be shown at Wayne State University. Artists will also produce art to be sold on the internet and community events.

Workshops held Wednesdays 12noon to 6pm for six weeks @
Spirit of Hope Church
1519 Martin Luther King Blvd.
@ Trumbull Ave.
Detroit, Mi, 48208

March 11th, 2009 week 1 Shelter
March 18th, 2009 week 2 Home
March 25th, 2009 week 3 Community Space
April 1st, 2009 week 4 Green Economy
April 8th, 2009 week 5 Self
April 15th, 2009 week 6 Finish all art projects
April 16, 2009 install installation @ WSU
April 17th, 2009 Art Opening, show and sell

Workshop Weds. Artists will be provided one hot meal, art supplies, access to community clothes closet, along with whatever swag comes our way from supporting non-profits and individuals.

No comments: