Sunday, December 19, 2010

Birthday Wishes for the homeless

Birthday Wish

On December 1, 2010 I created a Birthday Wish with the goal of to raise $500 for Burners without Borders. My wish can be seen here; http://wishes.causes.com/wishes/118809

I sent emails to people in my address book, admittedly and surprisingly I had more in there then I have saved but the Birthday Wish script was able to grab like every email I have ever written too…and boy is there a lot. So yes I took advantage of it and wrote this note to many of them:


Hello, and thanks for checking out my Birthday Wish!

For my birthday this year, instead of getting me a typical birthday gift I'm asking my friends and family to donate $25 (or however much you can afford) to Burners without Borders. It's a great cause that directly helps the homeless in Detroit with supply filled backpacks.

I've chosen Burners without Borders because it celebrates the power of communities making a difference one person at a time!.

Please consider giving to my Birthday Wish, and together we can make the world a better place. If you can't afford to donate, I'd really appreciate it if you'd share this page with your friends.

Thanks for reading this....Bee well and beelieve! xoxo

And thank you because i can NOT do what i do without the help of people like YOU!!

-Danielle ~doxie Kaltz

Learn more about Burners without Borders Detroit here;
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Burners-without-Borders-Detroit/139544484100

and i blog about my time on the streets and events and fund raising etc. here;
http://littledsworld.blogspot.com/

No comments: